Thursday, July 2, 2009

Postmarked 06/29/09

WITH ONE MOTION OF HER WANTING MIND
THE REAL WORLD BEGINS TO FADE
AND ALL THE HATEFUL THINGS I HAVE BECOME
TEMPORARILY GO AWAY

I've been daydreaming a lot lately. PT week leaves one with much free time. I've thought about everything I'm going to do when I get out of here: What I'm going to eat, all the loved ones I'm going to see, how nice it's going to be to lay on a couch and watch/do what I want. I've been more relaxed the past couple days than throughout the entirety of bootcamp. Other recruits have noticed as well. Apparently I haven't been on their ass for being slow individuals as much lately.

Today is Sunday, meaning next week is finals week, then the Crucible. 10 days until I'm a Marine, 19 until I see the first friendly face in 3 months. Each day is now slowly getting better and more motivating. I will ace my finals, I will crush the Crucible, and I will level the Reaper. This I promise you.

1 comment:

  1. I have no doubt in you. I know this is your toughest week, but you will make it through. I will love to hear your stories when you return. Keep up the great work, hoss.

    ReplyDelete