Thursday, May 21, 2009

Postmarked 05/18/09

PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY

These past couple of days have been very physically intense. We did logs yesterday, which is getting 8 people to a telephone pole-sized log and doing squat, curl, and press exercises with it; then carrying it half a mile. Saying it was painful would be an understatement. I currently have 5 inch scabs on my shoulders from carrying it. I was the tallest, so I took the majority of the weight. Oh yea, I don't think I mentioned that I'm the third tallest person in our platoon of 51. That should tell you just how many shorties we have. Now, back to the physical stuff. We did the combat conditioning course today. It was a marathon of performing vicious MCMAP (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program) maneuvers on each other and lugging our partner's dead weight around, utilizing fireman/other carries. The course lasted about 45 minutes nonstop and left us dead. The best part was we had to do pullups, situps, pushups, and drill afterwards. By far my worst experience yet however, has to be this afternoon. Somehow I acquired a dime-sized rock in my shoe. I had to drill (march) for 2-3 hours stepping on this rock repeatedly. It left a proud sore on my foot that I wrapped up in recruit tape.

Now, on to other topics that don't make me cringe. Our guide got his front tooth knocked out during a MCMAP exercise. I tell him jokes just to see his goofy-ass grin now. I had to drop another $120 on a yearbook, dvd, and pictures today. It was voluntary so I can't complain, but I really hate spending money. Mom told me I'd miss her cooking one day. That day is today. I'd give anything for some lasagna or shrimp and white sauce with noodles right now. Miss you all. Signing off.

1 comment:

  1. Did anyone have crutchfield? I hope it was an asshole, or he died from a heart attack. you're becoming a combat marine, bear grillis would be so proud.

    ReplyDelete